Monday, April 26, 2010

The Avengers, Joss Whedon, and coming infinite crisis

I wrote a short piece on the idea of Joss Whedon directing an Avengers film, for the Wall Street Journal's Speakeasy blog. I also talked about how I liked Doctor Horrible although I don't get how Firefly was supposed to feel. I can't tell if I was a little mean about it - I had an aesthetic point to make, and a long plane ride.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/04/24/can-the-superhero-film-be-saved/

Short version: Whedon should direct an Avengers film.

4 comments:

WesA_Hardaway2254 said...

I do like ur article~!!!..................................................

ZamCo said...

Hi Austin, I was wonder if you are able to answer a few questions about Trespasser? :)


Marcus

Austin Grossman said...

Hi Marcus - I'd be totally happy to. You can contact me through Vintage at vintageanchorpublicity@randomhouse.com.

- Austin

Marcus said...

Thanks Austin,

I have sent a email there, did you recieve it? If not, you can contact me at; ZamCo@live.se

Thank you
Marcus Lindstrom